Dealing with a narcissist can be challenging, and it’s even more challenging when they block you. Narcissists are individuals who have an inflated sense of self-importance, lack empathy, and crave attention from others. So, if a narcissist blocks you, will they come back? In this article, we’ll explore the possible reasons why a narcissist would block you and whether they will come back or not.
Reasons Why a Narcissist Would Block You
There could be several reasons why a narcissist would block you. Some of them include:
- They are angry with you: Narcissists have a fragile ego, and they can get angry quickly. If they feel insulted or criticized, they might block you as a way of punishing you.
- They want to control you: Narcissists crave control, and blocking you is one way of exerting their power over you. By blocking you, they can control when and how you communicate with them.
- They are avoiding accountability: If a narcissist has done something wrong, they might block you to avoid taking responsibility for their actions. By blocking you, they can avoid having to face the consequences of their behavior.
Will a Narcissist Come Back?
Whether a narcissist will come back after blocking you depends on several factors. Here are some of them:
- Their level of narcissism: If a narcissist has a high level of narcissism, they might not come back because they believe they are always right, and they don’t need anyone’s validation.
- Their need for attention: Narcissists crave attention, and if they feel like they are not getting enough attention from others, they might come back to you.
- Their level of emotional intelligence: If a narcissist has a high level of emotional intelligence, they might come back because they can understand the impact of their actions on others.
What to Do If a Narcissist Blocks You
If a narcissist blocks you, it’s important to take care of yourself. Here are some tips on what to do:
- Don’t take it personally: Remember that a narcissist’s behavior is not a reflection of your worth or value as a person.
- Set healthy boundaries: If a narcissist comes back, it’s important to set healthy boundaries to protect yourself from their toxic behavior.
- Seek support: Dealing with a narcissist can be emotionally draining, so it’s essential to seek support from friends, family, or a therapist.
In conclusion, if a narcissist blocks you, there could be several reasons why they did it. Whether they will come back or not depends on several factors such as their level of narcissism, need for attention, and emotional intelligence. If a narcissist does come back, it’s important to set healthy boundaries and take care of yourself. Remember that you deserve to be treated with respect and kindness, and don’t let anyone make you feel otherwise.